Fees / Services
When it comes to being able to afford your prenatal/birth/postpartum care, a Licensed Midwife is a great option. My fee is approximately 70% less than what prenatal care with an OBGYN, and delivery in a hospital setting would cost you, so you can afford to receive quality care that is personalized to you. I also offer discounts and payment plans, and am accepted by most major insurance plans, to further minimize the stress on your checkbook. Please feel free to contact me for specifics regarding package pricing and discounts available.
Midwifery Services Include:
- 24 hour midwife availability for any questions or concerns you might have during the prenatal, birth and postpartum periods
- Prenatal visits at your home, including: counseling on nutrition, preventative health activities and breastfeeding; periodic screening of blood; review of transferred records; initial complete physical examination and medical history review; monitoring of current health of mother and baby. Visits will be monthly until 28 weeks, bi-weekly until 36 weeks, and then weekly until delivery.
- Basic laboratory tests
- Continuous care, support and monitoring by the midwife for both mother and baby during active labor, home birth and early postpartum
- An additional Licensed Midwife or Registered Nurse to assist at your home birth
- Newborn exam and general infant care for the first 2 weeks
- Postpartum visits in your home at 2-3 days, 2 weeks and 6 weeks
- Breastfeeding support
- Newborn eye prophylaxis “Erythromycin” and intramuscular Vitamin K medications for baby (if desired)
- Birth equipment and supplies
Currently serving the natural birthing families of Lubbock and Plainview, TX and surrounding areas.